- 2 2x2s - I think that's the measurement. We found ours at Lowe's for $1.90 each. They don't need to be pretty or perfect because the imperfections will give your ladder character.
- 2 1" dowel rods - also less than $2 each
- paint of your choice
1. Buy/gather your materials
2. Cut both of your dowel rods into 3 equal pieces
3. Place your dowels (rungs) where you'd like them to go. We put ours 14" apart and only used 5 of the 6 pieces. You could space them closer and use all 6 pieces but I thought it looked better this way.
4. Use your drill to screw them onto the main horizontal pieces. Screw from the outside into the dowels. Matt actually used a bit to drill holes first and then put the screws in. I don't know if this step is necessary but I don't argue when it comes to the drill.
Paint it and put it in your home to have a place to display/store your quilts/blankets! Super Easy! It took us less than an afternoon (that includes paint drying) and cost less than 10 bucks!